The Constitutional Republic of Greica
“Here we remain most excellently, but not here alone.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Constitutional Republic of Greica is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Wolf with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, compulsory military service, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.749 billion Greicans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Volnaiskra. The average income tax rate is 44.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Greican economy, worth 585 trillion Coins a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 101,832 Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region, agreeing to appear on TV is often the best way to access social care, third world countries are rich in "I Love Volnaiskra" t-shirts, and the government loves seeing the little people fight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Greica's national animal is the Pheonix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greica's influence in Markion rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Greica's influence in Markion rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Greica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Greica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Greica's influence in Markion rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Greica's influence in Markion rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Greica's influence in Markion rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Greica changed its national leader to "President Wolf".
- : Greica relocated from North american grid to Markion.
- : Greica's influence in North american grid rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
Endorsements Received: None.