The Carolling Colony of GoodKingWenceslas
“Those who bless the poor shall find blessing”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Carolling Colony of GoodKingWenceslas is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nanook Nanook with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 5.143 billion GoodKingWenceslasians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stephen. The average income tax rate is 42.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving GoodKingWenceslasian economy, worth 329 trillion markkaa a year, is quite specialized and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 64,011 markkaa, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Professional athletes can't see balls amid the deluge of advertisements, people experiencing anaphylactic shock are told to buck their ideas up, '.lib' or '.con' domains indicate whether GoodKingWenceslasian websites are meant for liberals or conservatives, and the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones. Crime is well under control. GoodKingWenceslas's national animal is the badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : GoodKingWenceslas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : GoodKingWenceslas approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Promotion of Recycling"".
- : GoodKingWenceslas approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : GoodKingWenceslas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : GoodKingWenceslas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : GoodKingWenceslas granted Border Control authority to The Rogue Partner of FR0SCH as Christmas Tree Decorator in Christmas.
- : GoodKingWenceslas granted Border Control authority to The Smiling Boy of Snowman as Kringla Baker in Christmas.
- : GoodKingWenceslas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : GoodKingWenceslas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : GoodKingWenceslas ejected and banned The Queendom of Kilgrave et Lady Reinette from Christmas.