The Empire of the Commonwealth of Gods of Greece
“To protect dearest to you, you must hurt others”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Empire of the Commonwealth of Gods of Greece is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Constantine the Γενναίος ηγέτης with an even hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, smutty television, and state-planned economy. The devout population of 2.968 billion Greecians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olympis. The average income tax rate is 38.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Greecian economy, worth 258 trillion Drachmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 87,164 Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
"Idol-Worship for the Apathetic" workshops are cancelled when no-one bothers to show up, t-shirts displaying a photo of King Constantine the Γενναίος ηγέτης performing the Full-Monty are selling out, halberds are common 18th birthday presents, and Greecians believe manners maketh the leader. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gods of Greece's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Hellenism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gods of Greece was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Gods of Greece voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Paid Leave Act II".
- : Gods of Greece voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Declaration on China".
- : Gods of Greece voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Safety and Integrity in Conflict Journalism"".
- : Gods of Greece voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend One Small Island".
- : Gods of Greece voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Mitigating Animal Population Fragmentation".
- : Gods of Greece voted for the World Assembly Resolution "LEO Force Restrictions".
- : Gods of Greece lodged a message on the Katzen Regional Message Board.
- : Gods of Greece was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Gods of Greece was endorsed by The Free Land of Definitely Not Psychotic People.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Definitely Not Psychotic People.