The Pristine Federation of Gjorka
“In truth we seek, in pride we take”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: The League
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Pristine Federation of Gjorka is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Gjorka with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, avant-garde cinema, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 8.871 billion Gjorkans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gjorka City. The average income tax rate is 42.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Gjorkan economy, worth 840 trillion Dosners a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 94,708 Dosners, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Major boxing matches are held in government buildings, swarms of present-laden delivery drones blot out the sun before major holidays, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes, and the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gjorka's national animal is the LCN was better, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Gjorkanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gjorka was endorsed by The United Republic of Eminople.
- : Gjorka lodged a message on the The League Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Gjorka, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
- : Gjorka was endorsed by The Confederation of Willdavie.
- : Gjorka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Gjorka voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Gjorka voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Following new legislation in Gjorka, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes.
- : Following new legislation in Gjorka, swarms of present-laden delivery drones blot out the sun before major holidays.
- : Following new legislation in Gjorka, major boxing matches are held in government buildings.