The Theocracy of Ghost BC
“If you have Ghost, you have everything.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Theocracy of Ghost BC is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 847 million Ghost BCians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 68.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Ghost BCian economy, worth 15.8 trillion Souls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 18,603 Souls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ghost BC's national animal is the Rat.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ghost BC resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Ghost BC's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Ghost BC endorsed The Rick Astanian Empire of The HolyDivines.
- : Ghost BC endorsed The Republic of Brawlstar Bibi.
- : Ghost BC was endorsed by The Republic of Brawlstar Bibi.
- : Ghost BC endorsed The Protectorate of InfiniteMercur.
- : Ghost BC was endorsed by The Republic of Barkolis 1.
- : Ghost BC was endorsed by The Protectorate of InfiniteMercur.
- : Ghost BC endorsed The Kingdom of The Holy Church of Grub.
- : Ghost BC endorsed The Borderlands of Salted Pickle.