The Social Democracy of Gardavasque
“Our Noblest Motive is the Public Good”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: International Democratic Union
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Social Democracy of Gardavasque is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Pamela Paris with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 5.229 billion Gardavascans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eternity. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gardavascan economy, worth 575 trillion Yescas a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 109,988 Yescas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of President Pamela Paris's most personal functions, superfoods are often seen as supervillains, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children, and red fabric is banned. Crime is totally unknown. Gardavasque's national animal is the Banshee Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gardavasque lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- : Gardavasque voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Gardavasque voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Gardavasque's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, red fabric is banned.
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children.
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, superfoods are often seen as supervillains.
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of President Pamela Paris's most personal functions.
- : Following new legislation in Gardavasque, shouting contests are an important part of government job interviews.
- : Gardavasque voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".