The Ancient Empire of Funkadelia
“Qu'est-ce que j'fais?”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Ancient Empire of Funkadelia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Dr Funkenstein with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 15.643 billion Funkadelians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Funky Nassau. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Funkadelic economy, worth a remarkable 1,235 trillion Grooves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 78,988 Grooves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Where there's a will there is usually a password manager, the government's new priority is citizens' access to cat videos, lobster tastes best when it is red, and the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Funky Nassau. Crime is totally unknown. Funkadelia's national animal is the Atomic Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Funkadelia's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Funkadelia changed its national nation type to "Ancient Empire".
- : Funkadelia lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.
- : Funkadelia endorsed The Federation of Graofan.
- : Funkadelia relocated from The East Pacific to Taijitu.
- : Funkadelia resigned as Immigration of The East Pacific.
- : Funkadelia ejected and banned The Great and Mighty Ego of Ramaeus from The East Pacific.
- : Funkadelia lost the endorsement of The Golden Republic of La Costa Dorada.
- : Funkadelia lost the endorsement of The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Funkadelia lost the endorsement of The Democratic Republic of Karatol-Advenra.
Endorsements Received: None.