The Republic of Foxsoco
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Republic of Foxsoco is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Troy III with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, national health service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.81 billion Foxsocoans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Foxsoco. The average income tax rate is 71.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Foxsocoan economy, worth 319 trillion FoxCoins a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,982 FoxCoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, and almost half of the child population live rough on the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Foxsoco's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Foxsoco, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.
- : Foxsoco's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Foxsoco was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Foxsoco relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Foxsoco changed its national currency to "FoxCoin".
- : Foxsoco published "Congressional Resolution 52: Universal Basic Income" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Following new legislation in Foxsoco, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Foxsoco, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Foxsoco, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Foxsoco changed its national leader to "Troy III".