The Hidden Tropical Rainforest of Forgotten Beauty
“The smoke lingers after fire”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Hidden Tropical Rainforest of Forgotten Beauty is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Mother Nature with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate population of 7.1 billion Organisms are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Environment, although Healthcare, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alyvian. The average income tax rate is 93.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Organism economy, worth 645 trillion Elysians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. Average income is 90,866 Elysians, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers, angry citizens complain that there isn't enough geographical diversity on the new banknotes, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, and bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms. Crime is totally unknown. Forgotten Beauty's national animal is the Blue Seahorse, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Forgotten Beauty, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Forgotten Beauty voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Forgotten Beauty voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Forgotten Beauty endorsed The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Forgotten Beauty voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Kuriko"".
- : Forgotten Beauty voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Marine Protection Act".
- : Forgotten Beauty was endorsed by The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Forgotten Beauty voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Valanora".
- : Following new legislation in Forgotten Beauty, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Following new legislation in Forgotten Beauty, angry citizens complain that there isn't enough geographical diversity on the new banknotes.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Turbeaux, Frieden-und Freudenland, The Void Territories, Ransium, Eryndlynd, Canaltia, Entitize, The Black Forrest, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Love and Nature, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Taco Respublic, Candlewhisper Archive, Ironic Remarks, Ziotah and Riverside, Feladria, Caterasia, Ruinenlust, Window Land, Cat-Herders United, Reannia, Novian Republics, Edible Plywood, Ordand, Hyon Delta, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Octopus Islands, Greyveldt, Lura, Verdant Haven, Palos Heights, Cheloboria, Bilsa, Appendia, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Effazio, Talgarth, Jutsa, and Pythaga.