The Armed Republic of Fickonong
“The Republic marches”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Location: Der Nationenkonvent
Regional Influence: Dominator
The Armed Republic of Fickonong is a tiny, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9 million Fickeriches are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.9%.
The strong Fickonongian economy, worth 524 billion Fickingers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Cheese Exports, and Gambling. Average income is 58,259 Fickingers, with the richest citizens earning 7.4 times as much as the poorest.
Signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, Fickeriches seem to be catching more chills, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, and fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Fickonong's national animal is the Schwanzlurch, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Fickonong, fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers.
- : Fickonong altered its national flag.
- : Fickonong composed a new Welcome Telegram for Der Nationenkonvent.
- : Fickonong updated the World Factbook entry in Der Nationenkonvent.
- : Fickonong added the tag "Casual" to Der Nationenkonvent.
- : The Federal Republic of Tyskaland granted Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls authority to the WA Delegate Fickonong in Der Nationenkonvent.
- : Fickonong voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mount Seymour".
- : Following new legislation in Fickonong, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Fickonong, Fickeriches seem to be catching more chills.
- : Fickonong changed its national motto to "The Republic marches" and its nation type to "Armed Republic".