The Disputed Territories of FH Theta
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Disputed Territories of FH Theta is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 712 million FH Thetans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.6%.
The all-consuming FH Thetan economy, worth 53.1 trillion Szchequinns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,549 Szchequinns, with the richest citizens earning 7.9 times as much as the poorest.
CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, parents ask their ten-year-olds for help with their government-mandated book reports, surfers ride tsunamis of record height and toxicity, and veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. FH Theta's national animal is the Dugong, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in FH Theta, veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations.
- : Following new legislation in FH Theta, surfers ride tsunamis of record height and toxicity.
- : Following new legislation in FH Theta, parents ask their ten-year-olds for help with their government-mandated book reports.
- : Following new legislation in FH Theta, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : The Love of Image Material dismissed FH Theta as TWPirate of The Free State Assembly.
- : FH Theta's influence in Nihon rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : FH Theta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : FH Theta relocated from The Free State Assembly to Nihon.
- : FH Theta removed the tag "Serious" from The Free State Assembly.
- : FH Theta removed the tag "Security Council" from The Free State Assembly.