The Confederated Bankers of Feuraxia
“Better dangerous freedom than safe slavery”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Confederated Bankers of Feuraxia is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Bank of Feuraxia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 770 million Employees are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Industry, although Administration, Defense, and Education are also considered important, while Law & Order and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Castillia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Feuraxian economy, worth 111 trillion Cigarette Packets a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 144,183 Cigarette Packets, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 541,904 per year while the poor average 26,780, a ratio of 20.2 to 1.
Good-looking soldier boys have celebrity status amongst the nation's homosexuals, sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon, all astronauts are hot twenty-something models selected because they have 'the right stuff', and business owners who refuse to hire ex-cons often wake up with a Heavy Machine gun's head in their bed. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Feuraxia's national animal is the Heavy Machine gun, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Feuraxia was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Feuraxia was endorsed by The Holy Red Lucky Pacifican of Ballpit2.
- : Following new legislation in Feuraxia, business owners who refuse to hire ex-cons often wake up with a Heavy Machine gun's head in their bed.
- : Following new legislation in Feuraxia, all astronauts are hot twenty-something models selected because they have 'the right stuff'.
- : Feuraxia endorsed The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Feuraxia endorsed The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Feuraxia was endorsed by The Great and Mighty Ego of Ramaeus.
- : Feuraxia was endorsed by The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Feuraxia was endorsed by The Cinder and Smoke of Tim Stark.
- : Following new legislation in Feuraxia, sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Hizuru, Rhealaliit, Fedele, H-Zhena, Am Echad, BearStackof2015, Roissyland, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Plazland, VW53Aland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, United China Nation, Marrico, Axdel, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, Liberstankonia, Grossvietnam, Roliganistan, Pakitsk, Darkfull, Laquara, A Slanted Black Stripe, Bai Lung, Sericena, Staynes, Lyontisia, Demon Ridge, Kaigi, Someseni, New Birblands, Mossy-Oak, Chubaka, Ellsonian Dominion, Freedom Fascists, 7-5, Stanisiti, Talitoa, Wiranath, Enlil, CheeseBurrito, Aeljae, Cessaria, Amjedia, New Leganes, Propwash, Commodore Badger, Arkantis, and 14 others.Encurage, Sufjan Stevens Fans, Sreneck, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Asendavia, Eagas, Matdor, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ballpit2, and Eastie.