The Gypsy Caravan of Fairskies
“Onward and upward and homeward bound”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Gypsy Caravan of Fairskies is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 21.187 billion Fairskiesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 57.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Fairskiesian economy, worth 809 trillion pelts a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 38,218 pelts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Fairskies City to enjoy their national art, the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, and the Fairskies Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Fairskies's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fairskies's influence in Taijitu rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Fairskies altered its national flag.
- : Fairskies relocated from Osiris to Taijitu.
- : Fairskies was refounded in Osiris.
- : Fairskies ceased to exist in Taijitu.
- : Fairskies was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Fairskies was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Fairskies was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The Lady of Nai, curing 144 million infected.
- : Fairskies was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The Lady of Nai, curing 57 million infected.
- : Fairskies was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The Lady of Nai, curing 169 million infected.