The Empire of Fahrul
“Obey the empire, or perish.”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Empire of Fahrul is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 821 million Fahrulians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strine. The average income tax rate is 68.2%.
The very strong Fahrulian economy, worth 70.3 trillion Soliduses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 85,681 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Sermons are regularly interrupted by businessmen taking phone calls, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves, children fear compulsory visits to their spiritual advisors more than the dentist, and the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Fahrul's national animal is the Pink Fairy Armadillo, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fahrul voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, children fear compulsory visits to their spiritual advisors more than the dentist.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves.
- : Fahrul was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, sermons are regularly interrupted by businessmen taking phone calls.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Pink Fairy Armadilloball fields.
- : Fahrul was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle.
- : Following new legislation in Fahrul, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Rhealaliit, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Am Echad, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Plazland, Hizuru, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Marrico, United China Nation, Axdel, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, Liberstankonia, Lerasi, Sericena, Staynes, Someseni, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Avakael, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Asendavia, Eagas, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Todd McCloud, Matdor, The Angel of Charity, Wiranath, A Slanted Black Stripe, Eastie, Ballpit2, Ramaeus, and Marrabuk.