The People's Republic of Evenaar
“Nolite te bastardes carborundorum”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The People's Republic of Evenaar is a massive, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, parental licensing program, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.218 billion Evenaarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fortaleza. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Evenaarian economy, worth 145 trillion Ryals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 119,762 Ryals, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
First-time moms are expected to be experienced parents from day one, decongestants have replaced Ryals in street transactions, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more, and all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Evenaar's national animal is the Lobo-guarį, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Evenaar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : Following new legislation in Evenaar, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave.
- : Following new legislation in Evenaar, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more.
- : Following new legislation in Evenaar, decongestants have replaced Ryals in street transactions.
- : Following new legislation in Evenaar, first-time moms are expected to be experienced parents from day one.
- : Evenaar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Evenaar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Voice of ARB".
- : Following new legislation in Evenaar, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote.
- : Evenaar was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Evenaar, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Flasankia, Nimaric, The Free States of The North, Treadwellia, Debussy, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Aigania, Surd, The Sigometh Dynasty, Darcaethir, Devinsburg, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Democratic North Korea, Steel Vagabonds, Americastrailia, Kryansk, Pepper Island Democratica Freeland Papri, Aleckandor, Greater East Portage, Islayth, Nova Zemlya, Leonism, Axixic, The Gelseen Hegemony, Titana Drago, Zherid, Falconhedge, Burning Pants, 1482, Imperial Saber, Bravenewworld, Flurf, Custadia, New Rogernomics, Black pinewood, The United Anglo-sphere, Zinertia, Marcellinople, Proletarianssss, Saint Alaric, Bongrovia, Bouleraux, New Transeurasia, Swodan, Dhan, Japba, Cyrilla, Alf53, Sierra Arali, Calicate, and 9 others.Brrrrr, Malororia, Ottokratland, Illen Falis, Suvmia, Greater Gyelidor, Svarnland, Shardventoria, and Ichigo Republic.