The Holy Empire of Ethoodly
“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Holy Empire of Ethoodly is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its vat-grown people, enslaved workforce, and frequent executions. The hard-working population of 280 million Ethoodlyians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of RAD City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.3%.
The strong Ethoodlyian economy, worth 20.8 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 74,150 dollars, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 431,364 per year while the poor average 6,025, a ratio of 71.6 to 1.
Funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals, war criminals are given full state funerals, children seem to be getting better at lying these days, and groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ethoodly's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ethoodly was endorsed by The Officially TSP's Craziest of Holy Free.
- : Ethoodly was endorsed by The Freeroaming Folks of Vicken.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, children seem to be getting better at lying these days.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, war criminals are given full state funerals.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, seats at the back of the bus are reserved for homosexuals.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- : Following new legislation in Ethoodly, justice is blinding.
- : Ethoodly endorsed The No Pretitle of Esfalsa.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Qvait, New Goldman, Uvalor, Purple Hyacinth, Ipugao, Volaworand, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Arvan Irawer, Marinho Islands, Concrete Slab, Land Without Shrimp, Gonrati, Corgitopiaa, Nowa Europa, Treir, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Beepee, Westenhald, Greater Scottdascoda, Tsvetania, Yeses, Kandorith, The Two Jerseys, Tepertopia, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Tsunamy, The Solar System Scope, Blondiesland, Darakin, Amerion, Aumeltopia, PenguinPies, Crystal Creation, Amsterdam VIII, Jehenna, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Rebel-topia, Scu Greinne, Pamela And Hepatitis, Belschaft, Antarctic Empires, Ebonhand, Ancient Slobovia, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, USNE2018, Ceutalia, Wehraboos, Nova Montron, and 38 others.Sanden, Freedoom, Lioniel, Yellunstryer, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Fasire, New Qafedemar, Oxyliteral, Calistan, Myness, Steviland, Doge Land, LadyRebels, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Cuuldere, Drystar, Kaoia, Noimosini, JavaSiege, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Kaleidescooptopia, Escevola, Rhetiaa, Abarri, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Eastern Mekong, Agletgreenia, Bundeskara, The Stickmin Empire, Solanosco, Galebland, Seythennia, Danily, Esfalsa, Vicken, and Holy Free.