The United States of Escalver
“Strength through Freedom”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The United States of Escalver is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by PM - Naomi Wilson with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, ban on automobiles, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 770 million Escalian have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marsden. The average income tax rate is 62.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Escalverian economy, worth 59.2 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is 76,941 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda, being PM - Naomi Wilson has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs, and celebrity wrestlers thumb their nose at due process. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Escalver's national animal is the Escalverian Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, celebrity wrestlers thumb their nose at due process.
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, being PM - Naomi Wilson has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda.
- : Escalver was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Escalver, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation.
- : Escalver was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Escalver voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Escalver was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Escalver changed its national demonym to "Escalverian" and its demonym plural to "Escalian".
- : Escalver published "Government Cabinets" (Factbook: Politics).
Endorsements Received: 71 » Elisabethshagen, Ausvelt, Grodisze, The Seven Provinces, Invernessia, Shaor, Jahass, Walfo, Irminsulia, Leranditale, Yahlia, Mons Graupius, Thracia Republic, Saint Domingo, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, Terdiatlans, North of Americas, Republic of Satherland, Someseni, Abject Ludicrosity, Imperium Germaniae, Destyntine, GanymedEuropa, Dark Matter, Jim the Baptist, The New Nordic Union, Sukitopia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Maraleeri, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, St Scarlett, Regnum Italiae, South St Maarten, An Clar, Socialist Balkans, Imperium Anglorum, Yoannes, Wombelland, Galway-Dublin, Outer Sparta, Othenhiem, Prussian-Union, Sloburg, Evergreen Keys, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Stumphosse Res, New Touraine, Armbruster, and 21 others.NorthPortugal, Meropis, Rivierenland, Estoniia, Drew Durrnil, Ukallingrad, Crestphalia, Francitanie, Exori Vis, Owlograd, Mallesia, Dizgovzy, The New Mexican Confederation, Pavaludia, Ashckar, United Engiresco, Kanokla, Kardjali, Slavonia and Srijem, Wessex and Cornwall, and Trixeland.