The Commonwealth of Eriksville
“None of us is smarter than all of us”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Commonwealth of Eriksville is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Koning Erik with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.659 billion Eriksvilleans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blankevoort City. The average income tax rate is 80.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eriksvillean economy, worth a remarkable 1,118 trillion Guilders a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 146,017 Guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ambulances aren't allowed to overtake hearses, former polygamists always seem to have a huge number of visiting cousins, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, and people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile. Crime is totally unknown. Eriksville's national animal is the beagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eriksville was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Eriksville was endorsed by The Kingdom of Grey Haven of Tauraucania.
- : Eriksville was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Eriksville was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Following new legislation in Eriksville, people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile.
- : Following new legislation in Eriksville, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation.
- : Following new legislation in Eriksville, former polygamists always seem to have a huge number of visiting cousins.
- : Eriksville was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Following new legislation in Eriksville, ambulances aren't allowed to overtake hearses.
- : Following new legislation in Eriksville, children seem to be getting better at lying these days.
Endorsements Received: 68 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Am Echad, Slui, The Romanum Legio, Brotherland, H-Zhena, Arkantis, Bullpups, Sansangra, Riveraland, Socialist Holy American Empire, Someseni, Peryn, Kampf Empire, Dark Edgyness, Hizuru, Wiranath, Axdel, Neruch, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Liberstankonia, La xinga, Stanisiti, Kangarawa, Matdor, Brethren, Marrabuk, Stellar Colonies, United China Nation, Rhealaliit, Evrigenis, Modra, Kalaratri, Monix, Ridann, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Azureano, The Eternal Land of Jong, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, and 18 others.Coruh, Republic of Berzerkistan, Ripsylvania, Tretrid, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Quinto Piano, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Imprisoned Freeman, The Atlae Isles, Filipopol, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, and Nevertopia.