The Empire of Eridue
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Empire of Eridue is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.325 billion Eridueans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. The average income tax rate is 55.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Eriduean economy, worth 152 trillion Karls a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,242 Karls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is in perpetual campaign mode, voting is compulsory, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Eridue's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, voting is compulsory.
- : Eridue was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, the nation is in perpetual campaign mode.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Eridue, all judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion.
- : Eridue was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Eridue voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
Endorsements Received: 49 » H-Zhena, Roissyland, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, Pakitsk, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Axdel, Someseni, Marrico, Brotherland, Am Echad, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The Angel of Charity, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, VW53Aland, Kangarawa, Plazland, Just Vale 2, Renovatio de Imperium Coreanum, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Escade, Sericena, Staynes, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Firenation91, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Eagas, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, A Slanted Black Stripe, East Malaysia, Arpino, Ramaeus, Ballpit2, Johnny Appleseed1, Matdor, Marrabuk, Great Algerstonia, Taya Dust, Stellar Colonies, and Celannica.