The Holy Empire of Engliscya
“For the Emperor.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: Angels Encarmine
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Holy Empire of Engliscya is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 537 million Engliscyans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moscov. The average income tax rate is 25.5%.
The very strong Engliscyan economy, worth 50.2 trillion Temps a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 93,556 Temps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government has legalised small-scale capitalism, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools, groups of three or more trees are cut down in the name of 'child safety', and most Temp coins are riddled with bite marks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Engliscya's national animal is the Goose, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Engliscya lodged a message on the Angels Encarmine Regional Message Board.
- : Engliscya published "WE BIG MAN. YOU TINY BABY." (Factbook: Military).
- : Following new legislation in Engliscya, most Temp coins are riddled with bite marks.
- : Following new legislation in Engliscya, groups of three or more trees are cut down in the name of 'child safety'.
- : Engliscya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Engliscya voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Engliscya, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
- : Engliscya's influence in Angels Encarmine rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Engliscya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Fattest Citizens.
- : Engliscya voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Abortion"".
Endorsements Received: None.