The Federation of El-Sallia
“Fortitudo eius Baltiam tenuit”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federation of El-Sallia is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 492 million El-Sallians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baldea. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong El-Sallian economy, worth 34.5 trillion Baldean pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 70,039 Baldean pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
El-Sallians incessantly needle their doctors for relief, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi, children are expected to carve their own toys, and the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. El-Sallia's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : El-Sallia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport, Highest Average Tax Rates, and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, children are expected to carve their own toys.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, El-Sallians incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in El-Sallia, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons.
- : El-Sallia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : El-Sallia was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : El-Sallia was endorsed by The Holy Communist Space Empire of The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society.
- : El-Sallia was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Amerion, Marinho Islands, Qvait, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Treir, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, Bleakfoot, Farengeto, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Nowa Europa, Wallechi, Auphelia, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Blondiesland, Wehraboos, Zataras, Drystar, Andinla, Linguiniland, Scu Greinne, Aumeltopia, Belschaft, Holota, Canmore, Qawe, Kandorith, The Altan, Rebel-topia, Jehenna, Seythennia, Levistian, Death to democracy, Beepee, Erinor, Purple Hyacinth, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Margila Islands, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsvetania, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Eskvenn, WI SD EA D, and 14 others.Depressed Nation, Direwolf1, Greater Scottdascoda, Enplatia, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, Yeses, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.