The Corporate Community of Egoistic Markets
“Greed is King”
Location: Capitalist Paradise
Regional Influence: Page
The Corporate Community of Egoistic Markets is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Council with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 903 million Egoists live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government prioritizes Industry, although Administration and Education are also considered important, while Law & Order and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Market Center. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Egoistic economy, worth 116 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 128,871 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 479,861 per year while the poor average 24,292, a ratio of 19.8 to 1.
A death threat has replaced 'hello' as an official greeting in the nation, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, and people experiencing anaphylactic shock are told to buck their ideas up. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Egoistic Markets's national animal is the Krab, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Egoistic Markets lodged a message on the Capitalist Paradise Regional Message Board.
- : Egoistic Markets changed its national leader to "The Council".
- : Egoistic Markets changed its national nation type to "Corporate Community".
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, people experiencing anaphylactic shock are told to buck their ideas up.
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, a death threat has replaced 'hello' as an official greeting in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Egoistic Markets, students and teachers are regularly stopped and searched for symbols of religious affiliation before class.
- : Egoistic Markets voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Egoistic Markets voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
Endorsements Received: 21 » Octal, Snorlaxia, Republica JIM, Otoro, Luciferio, Aelhaeran, Kaputer, Zenzibar, Hellbardia, Sheepcote, UNDelegate, Scientia Major, Arbonium, Edison Culver, The Republic Of Akanalid, Darren j, Squirm Worm, Aleravia, Mr moneymachine, Aloongia, and The Strasbourg.