The Federation of Echoslavia
“Love your enemies”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Federation of Echoslavia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Alexander Henry Gonzalez with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory vegetarianism, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 3.611 billion Echoslavians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Geruva. The average income tax rate is 52.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Echoslavian economy, worth 266 trillion Echaran dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 73,897 Echaran dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Candidates for public office painstakingly research their family trees to ensure their eligibility, reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians, Brown Sugar 101 is a popular course at community colleges, and thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Echoslavia's national animal is the Orangutan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Echoslavia, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses.
- : Following new legislation in Echoslavia, Brown Sugar 101 is a popular course at community colleges.
- : Following new legislation in Echoslavia, reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Echoslavia, candidates for public office painstakingly research their family trees to ensure their eligibility.
- : Following new legislation in Echoslavia, oddly simian-looking religious thugs beat up anyone who suggests humans are related to monkeys.
- : Echoslavia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sacara".
- : Echoslavia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Paid Leave Act II".
- : Echoslavia's influence in Autropolis rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Echoslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Echoslavia, all the world's a stage for Echoslavian political theatrics.