The Commonwealth of East Stederland
“People outnumbered by trees since 1742”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Commonwealth of East Stederland is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Your mom with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, parental licensing program, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.686 billion East Stederlandians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Steder City. The average income tax rate is 83.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse East Stederlandian economy, worth 126 trillion acorns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 74,889 acorns, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead", all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, mathematicians are hated by children across the country, and they say that East Stederlandians made a dessert and called it peace. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Stederland's national animal is the tree, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Stederland was endorsed by The Green Technocracy of Uan aa Boa.
- : East Stederland was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Palgo.
- : East Stederland was endorsed by The Republic of The World Wildlife Fund.
- : Following new legislation in East Stederland, they say that East Stederlandians made a dessert and called it peace.
- : Following new legislation in East Stederland, mathematicians are hated by children across the country.
- : Following new legislation in East Stederland, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave.
- : East Stederland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in East Stederland, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
- : Following new legislation in East Stederland, there's a bright dawn ahead for East Stederland.
- : Following new legislation in East Stederland, the government confiscates candy from babies for 'the greater good' of the nation.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Ruinenlust, Ransium, Atsvea, Turbeaux, Anachronolandia, Ownzone, Lura, Middle Barael, Feladria, Hyon Delta, Ordand, Novian Republics, Love and Nature, The Black Forrest, Eryndlynd, Cat-Herders United, Candlewhisper Archive, Verdant Haven, Canaltia, Frieden-und Freudenland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Tscharva, Ironic Remarks, Deontologia, Ziotah and Riverside, Terrabod, Ashrah, Hoochlandia, Simbolon, The Most Serene Republicans, Caterasia, Kannap, Effazio, Blue Nagia, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Forgotten Beauty, Ordealius, Jutsa, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, The World Wildlife Fund, and Uan aa Boa.