The Sovereign Republic of East Skirsburg
“A tree does not fall with the first blow”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Sovereign Republic of East Skirsburg is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The Northeastern Council with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, parental licensing program, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.551 billion Eastern Skirsburgians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Svinsk. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient East Skirsburgian economy, worth 230 trillion Skirsburgian Kroner a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 148,637 Skirsburgian Kroner, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Skirsburg's national animal is the Skirsburgian Mustang, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Skirsburg was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : East Skirsburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in East Skirsburg, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : East Skirsburg lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in East Skirsburg, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
- : Following new legislation in East Skirsburg, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics.
- : Following new legislation in East Skirsburg, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : East Skirsburg lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in East Skirsburg, the government refuses to transmit electricity to secessionist regions.
- : East Skirsburg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Toxic Heavy Metals Act"".
Endorsements Received: 50 » Ownzone, The Cypher Nine, Ruinenlust, Novian Republics, Lura, Daarwyrth, Hoochlandia, New Ladavia, Kawastyselir, Frieden-und Freudenland, Einswenn, Atsvea, Uan aa Boa, Love and Nature, Roless, The Void Territories, Uniania Geeth, Girelna, Canaltia, Dasche, New Kvenland, Eryndlynd, Blue Nagia, Shalotte, Alcantaria, Crowacia, Cat-Herders United, Cannibaland, Effazio, Twiliydawn, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Blon Gre, Edible Plywood, Pen Blanityion, Ashrah, Feladria, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Bunkaiia, Difinbelk 2, Kyratistani, Anachronolandia, Simbolon, Verdant Haven, Ziotah and Riverside, The Rhuarc Bastion, Terrabod, Hyon Delta, Middle Barael, and Jutsa.