The Federal Republic of East Klaland
“Strength lies in unity.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: The Communist Bloc
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Federal Republic of East Klaland is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 226 million East Klalandians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 72.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant East Klalandian economy, worth 4.25 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 18,801 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, and swings are now more popular than see-saws in children's playgrounds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Klaland's national animal is the swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Klaland resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in East Klaland, swings are now more popular than see-saws in children's playgrounds.
- : Following new legislation in East Klaland, the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned.
- : Following new legislation in East Klaland, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Following new legislation in East Klaland, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Following new legislation in East Klaland, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : East Klaland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Sapient Life".
- : East Klaland endorsed The Federated Communes of Luftetia.
- : East Klaland endorsed The Fash Bashing First Minister of Radicalania.
- : East Klaland endorsed The People's Republic of Xhoembe.