The Empire of Dykurst
“Show your nation your fist!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Empire of Dykurst is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Nighthunter with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 22.138 billion Dykurstians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dominious. The average income tax rate is 30.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dykurstian economy, worth a remarkable 4,378 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 197,791 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anything is permissible when wearing latex gloves, rumor has it that Nighthunter has won three lotteries in a row, etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully', and coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dykurst's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Locust.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dykurst's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dykurst relocated from The League of Conservative Nations to The Rejected Realms.
- : Dykurst was ejected from The League of Conservative Nations by The Consular Founder Account of Adawn.
- : Dykurst's influence in The League of Conservative Nations rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Dykurst voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Dykurst's influence in The League of Conservative Nations rose from "Negotiator" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Dykurst was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Dykurst voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Dykurst's influence in The League of Conservative Nations rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Dykurst's influence in The League of Conservative Nations rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
Endorsements Received: None.