The Republic of Dules
“Pulchritudo, Ultio Et Lux”
|Category: Conservative Democracy|
Location: South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of Dules is a colossal, efficient nation, notable for its enforced nudity and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.511 billion Dulesians are known throughout the region for their efficiency and work ethic, as well as their general suspicion of leisure.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Social Policy, Law & Order, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 8.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Dulesian economy, worth 315 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Pizza Delivery, and Book Publishing. Average income is 33,214 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Euthanasia is illegal, swines are considered a delicacy, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs, and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Dules's national animal is the swine, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dules was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Dules was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Dules's influence in South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Dules relocated from The Rejected Realms to South Pacific.
- : Dules's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Dules's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Dules resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Dules relocated from South Pacific to The Rejected Realms.
- : Dules was ejected and banned from South Pacific by The Raider of South Pacific of Dashworie Aedorse.
- : Dules was endorsed by The Republic of Thatcher 3.