The Commonwealth of Drucar
“By The People For The People”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Commonwealth of Drucar is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.682 billion Drucarians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 79.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Drucarian economy, worth 125 trillion guilders a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 74,366 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Jokes told in elementary school often come back to haunt politicians, Violetist maidens who fall for an outsider must leave their violet light districts in shame, recognizing the Drucarian flag qualifies you for citizenship, and online weather reports are predicting five years of glorious sunshine for Drucar. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Drucar's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Drucar was endorsed by The Principality of Alambar.
- : Drucar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Drucar was endorsed by The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : Following new legislation in Drucar, online weather reports are predicting five years of glorious sunshine for Drucar.
- : Following new legislation in Drucar, recognizing the Drucarian flag qualifies you for citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Drucar, Violetist maidens who fall for an outsider must leave their violet light districts in shame.
- : Following new legislation in Drucar, jokes told in elementary school often come back to haunt politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Drucar, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- : Drucar was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Drucar was endorsed by The Republic of Populaa.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Wehraboos, Purple Hyacinth, Qvait, Amerion, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Nowa Europa, Kingpins, Tepertopia, Bartonia Nova, Andinla, New Briantown, Wakandan Tribes, The Founding Citadel, Eskvenn, Rebel-topia, Jehenna, Ebonhand, Zataras, WI SD EA D, Aumeltopia, Farengeto, Alaninia, Treir, Kandorith, Volaworand, Synarion, Belschaft, Tsunamy, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Solar System Scope, Wallechi, Auphelia, Truskawkoland, Holota, Qawe, Ceutalia, The Altan, Seythennia, Marinho Islands, Yeses, Death to democracy, Shuckle Empire, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Conexia, and 23 others.Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Linguiniland, Bichedder, Sedunn, Doge Land, North Catimestistrianes, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Enplatia, Gonrati, Japanese Federal Republic, Noimosini, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Populaa, Ipugao, East Nagaland, and Alambar.