The Kingdom of Dratava
“We Will Endure”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Kingdom of Dratava is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by king Emyr with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.697 billion Dratavans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Administration, and Education also on the agenda, while Environment and Public Transport are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caerdydd. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Dratavan economy, worth 480 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 283,290 marks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,018,932 per year while the poor average 56,376, a ratio of 18.1 to 1.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, foreign lack of enthusiasm for Dratavan nose-flute disco metal is seen as a reasonable casus belli, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and citizens who don't recite the Pledge of Dratava at least three times a day are placed on a terrorist watch-list. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dratava's national animal is the Dratavan eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dratava was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Dratava voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, citizens who don't recite the Pledge of Dratava at least three times a day are placed on a terrorist watch-list.
- : Dratava changed its national animal to "Dratavan eagle".
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, foreign lack of enthusiasm for Dratavan nose-flute disco metal is seen as a reasonable casus belli.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, tourists visiting the nation are warned not to drink local tap water.
- : Dratava voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Following new legislation in Dratava, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
Endorsements Received: 56 » La xinga, Marrabuk, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Eagas, Todd McCloud, Dragons Blood, Am Echad, Ridann, CopyCato, Kampf Empire, East Malaysia, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Wiranath, Evrigenis, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, Osterreich und Ungarn, The Militarius Imperium, Pakitsk, Merlovich, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Asendavia, Talitoa, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Tretrid, Axdel, The Eternal Land of Jong, Kilkire, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Rainbow Vests, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, BuciLand, Neue Leipzig, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Eastern Hyront Scassen, and 6 others.Kavanos, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, Yelkinam, and Euricanis.