The Grand Duchy of Dragonia
“Do Not Awaken A Sleeping Dragon.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Squire
The Grand Duchy of Dragonia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Grand Duke Jeymian Drachenberg III with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cheerful population of 15.911 billion Dragonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Weyrcliff. The average income tax rate is 37.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Dragonian economy, worth a remarkable 5,839 trillion Galleons a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 367,019 Galleons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps, interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBD Governor goes house hunting, and the tightness of border controls in Dragonia leave a little to be desired. Crime is totally unknown. Dragonia's national animal is the Dragonhawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Druidicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, the tightness of border controls in Dragonia leave a little to be desired.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBD Governor goes house hunting.
- : Dragonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines.
- : Dragonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, all weapon research has been banned.
- : Dragonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash.
- : Following new legislation in Dragonia, diminutive Dragonian generals are feared for their aggressiveness.
Endorsements Received: 139 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Lyontisia, Mundiferrum, Freedom Fascists, Kangarawa, Southern Yugoslavia, Davinhia, New Leganes, Brotherland, Norport, Axdel, The Empire of Rijelv, Biggstonia, Roliganistan, Propwash, Arkantis, Am Echad, The Romanum Legio, ReeK, Amjedia, H-Zhena, Bullpups, Dahom, CopyCato, Sansangra, Akorial, Galve, Wiranath, Riveraland, Endertopias, Mirasiro, Slui, Socialist Holy American Empire, Mastariere, Someseni, Soirwren, Peryn, Blobbo, Dark Edgyness, Hizuru, Eagas, Ridann, Norgsveldet, Pakitsk, VW53Aland, Tuvaltastan, Gorbastan, Republic of Berzerkistan, Neruch, United China Nation, and 89 others.Enlil, The United Asian Republics, Rhealaliit, Broengtopia, BearStackof2015, Kilkire, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Matdor, ArenaC, Kalaratri, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Liberstankonia, Rakshuland, Under Sea Desert, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Stanisiti, Grossvietnam, Talitoa, La xinga, Sericena, Servants of Gizmo, Asendavia, Brethren, Marrabuk, Cantonese Union, Todd McCloud, East Malaysia, Stellar Colonies, Kyrloth, Squid Ruinosa, Evrigenis, The Militarius Imperium, Modra, Rainbow Vests, Interdimensional Waifus, Sycona, Monix, The Three States of Fortuna, Stumptopia, Merlovich, Rage Mage, Zukchiva, Great Algerstonia, Australinea, Republic of New India, Fellon, Trulu, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Ripsylvania, Lingu, Distro-Spartica, Azureano, Ciguayo, FreedomIand, Coruh, Rohanland, Acronis, BuciLand, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, Aivintis, Virgoliaendorses, Khadah, Woodsind, Puelo, Jakubonia, Sokala, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Tseriesiscoming, Raunch, Moszce-Walvard, The Brazillian Parlament Of Idideology, Worthless Miracles, CheeseBurrito, SecularNorth, TM-Jesselton, The Atlae Isles, Imprisoned Freeman, RealDealGG1, Washingtonian Order, Filipopol, Quinto Piano, Quail Empire, A mean old man, and Grey Haven of Tauraucania.