The Democratic Republic of Doxstern
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
The Democratic Republic of Doxstern is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Mark Backles with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.692 billion Doxsternians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gray Clay. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Doxsternian economy, worth 200 trillion Chronics a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 74,507 Chronics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, the government's stance on marriage is 'Let Doxsternians marry themselves', the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics, and the new "Bloodbath" orange tree autonomously seeks and destroys independent orchards. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Doxstern's national animal is the Doxsternian Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Doxstern's influence in Forest rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Doxstern voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend HumanSanity".
- : Doxstern voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands"".
- : Doxstern was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kyratistani.
- : Doxstern was endorsed by The Borderlands of Difinbelk 2.
- : Doxstern was endorsed by The Mysterious black holə of Roless.
- : Doxstern was endorsed by The Gohulian Republic of Bunkaiia.
- : Doxstern was endorsed by The Colony of Blue Nagia.
- : Doxstern was endorsed by The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara.
- : Doxstern was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Simbolon, Novian Republics, Anachronolandia, Ruinenlust, Effazio, Lura, Feladria, Garbelia, Crowacia, Hyon Delta, Cat-Herders United, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Atsvea, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Love and Nature, Frieden-und Freudenland, Deontologia, Uniania Geeth, Taco Respublic, Terrabod, Uan aa Boa, Verdant Haven, Ransium, The Void Territories, Window Land, New Ladavia, The Black Forrest, Blon Gre, Kawastyselir, Alcantaria, Cuillin, Artemis, Chilledsville, Entitize, Ziotah and Riverside, Eryndlynd, Forgotten Beauty, Canaltia, Aeterno Tranquillitas, The Rhuarc Bastion, Caterasia, Litauengrad, Edible Plywood, Ashrah, Ordealius, Jutsa, Sacara, Blue Nagia, and 4 others.Bunkaiia, Roless, Difinbelk 2, and Kyratistani.