The Sad excuse of Doknesia
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Sad excuse of Doknesia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Generic Leader Guy with an even hand, and notable for its fear of technology, compulsory military service, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed population of 2.043 billion Doknesians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Endless depths of despair. The average income tax rate is 57.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Doknesian economy, worth 133 trillion Ploppers a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 65,241 Ploppers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A government program is underway to revitalize Doknesia's beaches, burial ceremonies have become as routinised as tax forms, adverts proclaim it has to be healthy if the Mornay uses hand-grated Gallopavian Gruyère, and garden stores are not allowed to sell water butts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Doknesia's national animal is the Frog, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Unintelligence.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Doknesia's influence in Shinka rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Doknesia's influence in Shinka rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Doknesia's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Doknesia relocated from Philippines to Shinka.
- : Doknesia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Doknesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Doknesia was endorsed by The Republic of Fandom Outpost 14.
- : Doknesia endorsed The United Kingdom of Seludong.
- : Doknesia relocated from Shinka to Philippines.
- : Doknesia was admitted to the World Assembly.