The Queendom of Dohrne
“By The People For The People”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Queendom of Dohrne is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Grey Warden with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.584 billion Dohrneans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sunspearl. The average income tax rate is 85.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Dohrnean economy, worth 145 trillion florens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is 92,085 florens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted, and over a third of the seats in sports stadiums have been removed to make room for female-only commodes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dohrne's national animal is the cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Freedom of religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, over a third of the seats in sports stadiums have been removed to make room for female-only commodes.
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, a bill to outlaw math homework has been submitted.
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers.
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, the DBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, a government program is underway to revitalize Dohrne's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments.
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast.
- : Dohrne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Dohrne, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Tsunamy, The Worst army of, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Qvait, Crystal Creation, Ralphburg, Land Without Shrimp, Aidenfieeld, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Sandaoguo, New Briantown, Bleakfoot, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Wehraboos, Farengeto, Belschaft, Midand, Concrete Slab, Laamiva, The Filippinas, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, Ebonhand, West Pastafaria, Auphelia, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Merevane, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Royaltica, Zataras, Terran Draconia, Alfama, Marinho Islands, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Nowa Europa, WI SD EA D, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Shefino, Rebel-topia, Western Fardelshufflestein, Rotenaplistan, and 26 others.Beepee, Eskvenn, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Ipugao, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, and East Nagaland.