The Smokin Green Land of DiscGolfLand
“May The Course be with you!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the West Pacific
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Smokin Green Land of DiscGolfLand is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Tournament Director with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, soft-spoken computers, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.924 billion DiscGolfLandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Course. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient DiscGolfLandian economy, worth a remarkable 4,163 trillion Discs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 349,162 Discs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc, internal strife within the Red Bloc crumbles in the face of fiery rhetoric, and community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common. Crime is totally unknown. DiscGolfLand's national animal is the Raptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Disc Golf in Nature.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, internal strife within the Red Bloc crumbles in the face of fiery rhetoric.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, the long arm of the law possesses a rather slow hand.
- : Following new legislation in DiscGolfLand, gift hampers filled with delicious beef jerky are sent to newly communist nations.
Endorsements Received: 139 » Sindria, Tropical Isles, Liberillia, Common Good, Twisted Duality, Glorious Existence, The Free States of Gotham, Mathematania, Shaktirajya, Greg Tucker, Fallgriffin, Moriari, Kittenlicious, Acropylae, Greynne, Fujai, The Undivided, Ashkan, Kisovec, Wickedly evil people, Mirchusko, Nevafornia, Condonohia, Psikuta, Westwind, Great Sheriffdom, Lynier, Sensorland, Orcatortugs, Atheist States of Philippines, Dilber, Pandaland II, Meedvheyt, Arnic, Probablynotverygoodistan, Constantinopolisia, Arvladma, The divisive isolationists, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, New Cerveza, Holmani, Kiensu, Saronistan, Mediobogdum, IndyCar Racing, New Belia, Leukogeras, Nas Crustium, Bucals Kagotoaion, and 89 others.Anuubis, Archonina, Volkason, Fallen Iron Duke, The United Tribes of Bantai, Grand Republic of the Sun, Oronia, Triestine, Dreamers for Hope, San Diego Islands, Giovanniland, Hamburg Neo, Orson Welles, BIteland, Aldesport, Crazy Waters, Thessalian, Willow Gate, Forcaforta, Podium, Bhang Bhang Duc, Zuriath, Rowdy, The United Republic of Westend, Muad-Dib, Ostrogothaland, Plarland Amex, Ingentis Novus, Champaign, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Corbynya, India and Bangladesh, Matism, Dowaesk, One Nation under Rob, Marina Nova, The Anti-Social Socialists, Lothundy, Av Libertas Vindex, Comia Noracon, Desmosthenes and Burke, The North American Assembly, Galaxy Meows, Ynnam, Sniper Slayers, Santos-Dominius, Kraboch, Vlobbania, Q The Almighty, Attanseia, Astrain, Draggy, Larxia, Ecornia, Jigsland, Qapaq Suyu, Overthinkers, Corbeil, Tithio, Lodus Lake, Idomm, Pandaland III, Albyion Kingdom, Lodiberdade, Costelloland, Neulant, The Theeserrasland, Tranquil Island, Elianio, Futuo, Our Mom, Mandolcia, Galacticali, East Swedesia, Parasang, Hertfordshire and Jammbo, Wauwa, The Wild Country, Rondria, RiderSyl, Astra Prime, Shackleduck, MEoW-mEoW-MiA, Pamece, Almenga, Ventel, Zoran, and United states of Fyn.