The Democratic Federation of Devone
“For The Great Devone”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: 21st Century Rome
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Democratic Federation of Devone is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 688 million Devonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Listeg. The average income tax rate is 42.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Devonian economy, worth 58.7 trillion Dims a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 85,290 Dims, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Photos of picturesque coastal buildings are set against a backdrop of smokestacks and ship hulls, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, the nation's biggest export is stupidity, and peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Devone's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Devone was endorsed by The Anti Secretary-General of Kyrata.
- : Devone was endorsed by The Caliphate of Suwaya.
- : Devone was endorsed by The People's Republic of Akumanga.
- : Following new legislation in Devone, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop.
- : Devone endorsed The Dominion of Draconovox.
- : Devone endorsed The Caliphate of Suwaya.
- : Devone endorsed The Anti Secretary-General of Kyrata.
- : Devone endorsed The People's Republic of Akumanga.
- : Devone endorsed The Alpine Empire of Compakt Repsublic.
- : Devone endorsed The Empire of Palmyrene.