The Dictatorship of Depressed Nation
“MONEY IS THE BEST”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Dictatorship of Depressed Nation is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 208 million Depressed Nationians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 55.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Depressed Nationian economy, worth 9.73 trillion Bits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 46,785 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Black tea is only available on the black market, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi, obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals, and all beauty contests have been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Depressed Nation's national animal is the Money, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Depressed Nation endorsed The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, all beauty contests have been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, obstetricians are not allowed to publish ultrasound pictures of fetuses in medical journals.
- : Depressed Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, pareidolic SETI scientists swear there's a message from aliens hidden within pi.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, black tea is only available on the black market.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, the nation's faithful often say there is a higher power watching over them.
- : Depressed Nation was endorsed by The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Depressed Nation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Depressed Nation, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Corgitopiaa, Holota, Purple Hyacinth, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Amerion, Marinho Islands, Qvait, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Concrete Slab, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Belschaft, Nowa Europa, Bichedder, Treir, Bleakfoot, Canmore, Shuckle Empire, Wehraboos, Conexia, Scu Greinne, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Eskvenn, Tsunamy, LadyRebels, Yeses, Bohenia, Blondiesland, WI SD EA D, El-Sallia, Erinor, Aumeltopia, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Eternal Memedom, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ipugao, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Kiasu-ism, Direwolf1, USNE2018, Tughampton, Seliyan progressive Islands, Jehenna, and 8 others.Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Dai Han, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, Nova Kobol, and Ebonhand.