The Serene Commonwealth of Deontologia
“Act only according to maxims that may be universal law.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Serene Commonwealth of Deontologia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Sir Henry C Buford with a fair hand, and renowned for its digital currency, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.016 billion Deontologians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kategoria. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Deontologian economy, worth 891 trillion Deontolls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 177,713 Deontolls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Replacement organs are grown in vats, Deontologia recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace, group hugs break out during floor votes, and one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deontologia's national animal is the Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of Faith.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, Deontologia recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace.
- : Deontologia was endorsed by The Republic of New Ladavia.
- : Deontologia endorsed The Jingoistic States of Forestal.
- : Deontologia endorsed The Republic of New Ladavia.
- : Deontologia lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, replacement organs are grown in vats.
- : Following new legislation in Deontologia, busy commuters no longer hear the cries of "I want some more!" on the nation's streets.
- : Deontologia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Pen Blanityion, Ruinenlust, Candlewhisper Archive, Frieden-und Freudenland, Turbeaux, Effazio, Ownzone, Novian Republics, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Lura, Feladria, Verdant Haven, Eryndlynd, Anachronolandia, Ironic Remarks, Atsvea, Canaltia, Middle Barael, Kinectia, Hyon Delta, Entitize, Edible Plywood, Ziotah and Riverside, Tscharva, Vanenia, Caterasia, Ordand, and New Ladavia.