The Most Serene Republic of Delight
“Purity of heart is to will one thing.”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Most Serene Republic of Delight is a colossal, genial nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 6.56 billion Delightists enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elathuria. The average income tax rate is 84.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Delightian economy, worth 556 trillion Brass Buttons a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 84,863 Brass Buttons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, tourists call Delightian beach towns "the fine coastline", and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Delight's national animal is the Death Meadow Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Delight was endorsed by The Federation of Ulslur.
- : Delight was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Delight was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Delight was endorsed by The Lucky Question Mark﹖ of Makdon.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, tourists call Delightian beach towns "the fine coastline".
- : Following new legislation in Delight, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Delight was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, construction workers evacuate work sites after finding sharp rocks on the ground.
- : Following new legislation in Delight, suit-clad businessmen have been taking advantage of the relaxed welfare qualifications by shopping with food stamps.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Maazalik, Emeseses, Panormia, Volsar, Zerentopia, ThePlace, Magrinia, Aqueira, Super Mega Awesome, Florin, Cecilly, Yoshiterra, Zavea, Farrakhan, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Aandruzognivia, Xyloqua, Rushkaland, Republic of edward, Greater Cesnica, Cyrtenes, Masters86, Capitalist Paradise, Euroanatolian Greece, Raj7765, Byzant, Vas Normandy, Greater-Syria, Singu1arity, Arkhane, Thuringia Reich, Crazy Firemen, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Edgedgie, Aggro, Sarotte, Perfect Sublime Masters, OspasiA, Collosuss, Serious Problems, Melon feud, Goryier, Arinteriswith, The Pacific Caliphate, The Horror Channel, Beezertopia, Novi Libertas, Zoigai, CLovidia, Visionary Union, and 18 others.Cazia Minor, North Comunist Awelanius, Hyponichtmallieturam, Nation of Urie, Razorback, Mundanus, Hallmaak, Fragmented Spero, Alsakah, Gozira, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, APKland, A Leaf on the Wind, United Libor Lefunkistan, Agua de Pelar Porco II, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Makdon, and Ulslur.