The Matriarchy of Deicidal Angels
“Heaven shall burn”
|Category: Iron Fist Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Matriarchy of Deicidal Angels is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 784 million Deicidal Angels are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Deicidal economy, worth 7.15 trillion heavenly gold coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 9,114 heavenly gold coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Frat-house partying has become the national pastime, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause, Deicidal Angels incessantly needle their doctors for relief, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Deicidal Angels's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Deicidal Angels's influence in Suspicious rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Deicidal Angels's influence in Suspicious rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Deicidal Angels's influence in Suspicious rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Deicidal Angels's influence in Suspicious rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Deicidal Angels's influence in Suspicious rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Spirit of 1776 dismissed Deicidal Angels as Heaven Shall Burn of These United States.
- : Deicidal Angels relocated from These United States to Suspicious.
- : Deicidal Angels resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Deicidal Angels voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Light Pollution".
- : Deicidal Angels approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn The Black Hawks".