The Think-Tank of Das-husland
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Page
The Think-Tank of Das-husland is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Doctadeth with an iron fist, and notable for its disturbing lack of elderly people, complete lack of prisons, and soft-spoken computers. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 20.701 billion Das-huslandians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boston. The average income tax rate is 43.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Das-huslandian economy, worth an astonishing 10,197 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 492,612 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pieces of groundhog occasionally rain from the sky near the border, political activists are routinely executed, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life, and the nation's most popular sport is sabotaging foreigners' hopes and dreams. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Das-husland's national animal is the Mongoose, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is self-theistic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Das-husland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Das-husland, the nation's most popular sport is sabotaging foreigners' hopes and dreams.
- : Following new legislation in Das-husland, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life.
- : Following new legislation in Das-husland, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Das-husland, pieces of groundhog occasionally rain from the sky near the border.
- : Following new legislation in Das-husland, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads.
- : Following new legislation in Das-husland, the military patrols the streets in search of possible secessionists.
- : Das-husland's influence in Balder fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Das-husland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republik of Vossetia.
- : Das-husland's influence in Balder rose from "Page" to "Squire".