The United Socialist States of Damoh
“The point is to change it”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The United Socialist States of Damoh is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 397 million Damohians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 71.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Damohian economy, worth 27.6 trillion Yuan a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Pizza Delivery, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 69,562 Yuan, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and romantic sunsets are no longer interrupted by explosions and monstrous roars. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Damoh's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Damoh was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Damoh, romantic sunsets are no longer interrupted by explosions and monstrous roars.
- : Following new legislation in Damoh, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Damoh, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
- : Following new legislation in Damoh, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Following new legislation in Damoh, most pop videos prominently feature the Damohian flag.
- : Following new legislation in Damoh, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
- : Damoh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Damoh voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Damoh voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
Endorsements Received: 53 » Marinho Islands, Holota, Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Concrete Slab, Tepertopia, Libedistan, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Nowa Europa, Treir, Rebel-topia, Scu Greinne, Westenhald, Aumeltopia, Beepee, PenguinPies, Belschaft, Jehenna, Galactic Gelatin, Republik Hintonia, Ipugao, Zaelith, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Erinor, Farengeto, Wakandan Tribes, Purple Hyacinth, Ebonhand, Amerion, Canmore, LadyRebels, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaoia, Direwolf1, JavaSiege, Dalegreen, Kaleidescooptopia, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Rhetiaa, Agletgreenia, and 3 others.North Prarie, Eastern Mekong, and Fighting Kawi Ninja.