The Republic of Cydoni
“Ours Is The Fury”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Republic of Cydoni is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Yukimori Naoaki with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 6.373 billion Cydonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asayako. The average income tax rate is 81.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cydonian economy, worth 459 trillion Cydonian Marks a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,045 Cydonian Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
At the edge of the final frontier space's biggest missile platform is about to unfold, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cydoni's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cydoni was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by The Free Territory of Cerdenia.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg.
- : Cydoni's influence in Thaecia rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Cydoni was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by The Republic of Mardis.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by The Pink Holy of The Ambis.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by The Senator of Pap Sculgief.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by The Avatar of Thanatos of Islonia.
- : Cydoni endorsed The Pink Holy of The Ambis.