The Federal Republic of Croteria
“By All, For All”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federal Republic of Croteria is a huge, genial nation, notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 636 million Croterians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Croteria City. The average income tax rate is 73.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Croterian economy, worth 48.6 trillion Crotis a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 76,480 Crotis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, and a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Croterian politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Croteria's national animal is the Koi Fish, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Croteria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Croteria, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Croterian politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Croteria, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Following new legislation in Croteria, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Croteria, almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme.
- : Croteria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Croteria, people's charity begins and ends at home.
- : Croteria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Following new legislation in Croteria, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Croteria was endorsed by The Republic of Iningo.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Holota, Amerion, Tepertopia, Aidenfieeld, Marinho Islands, Doundaly, Bawkie, Belschaft, Bleakfoot, Land Without Shrimp, WI SD EA D, New Briantown, PenguinPies, Blondiesland, Nowa Europa, Treir, Wehraboos, The Altan, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Seythennia, Techganet, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Erinor, Farengeto, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Volaworand, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Eskvenn, Libedistan, Westenhald, West Pastafaria, Sedunn, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Ipugao, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaoia, JavaSiege, Dalegreen, Kaleidescooptopia, and 9 others.Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Rhetiaa, Agletgreenia, North Prarie, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, New Sanet, and Iningo.