The Banana Republic of Costa Hermosa
“Paz, Libertad, Unidad”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Banana Republic of Costa Hermosa is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by El Presidente with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.151 billion Costa Hermosans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of El Libertador. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Costa Hermosan economy, worth a remarkable 1,337 trillion Ameroes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 187,084 Ameroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
"El Presidente got your tongue?" has become a popular idiom, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction, the government raises tariffs on a weekly basis, and the nation's museums are real penny-pinchers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Costa Hermosa's national animal is the jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Costa Hermosa was endorsed by The Totalitarian State of Oceaniaaaa.
- : Following new legislation in Costa Hermosa, the nation's museums are real penny-pinchers.
- : Following new legislation in Costa Hermosa, the government raises tariffs on a weekly basis.
- : Following new legislation in Costa Hermosa, a blood-red mark on the doorframe means a building must be passed over for destruction.
- : Costa Hermosa was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Costa Hermosa, "El Presidente got your tongue?" has become a popular idiom.
- : Following new legislation in Costa Hermosa, the latest national park is visited by more sharks than people.
- : Costa Hermosa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Costa Hermosa's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Costa Hermosa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.