The Federation of Cort
“By The People For The People”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federation of Cort is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 363 million Cortians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 6.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Cortian economy, worth 27.9 trillion Soliduses a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 76,776 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path, bleach is the nation's most common pesticide, and solid-gold toilets are Cortian prisons' least expensive furnishings. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Cort's national animal is the Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cort voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Cort, solid-gold toilets are Cortian prisons' least expensive furnishings.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, bleach is the nation's most common pesticide.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, immersive video game experiences are interrupted by incessant disclaimer pop-ups.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, foreign spirits are hard to find due to an abundance of "Cletus and Jim Bob's Homemade Cortian Moonshine".
- : Following new legislation in Cort, meteorologists are instantly recognizable from their luxury cars and jewelry.
- : Following new legislation in Cort, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Erinor, Holota, Tsunamy, New Itomorii, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Shuckle Empire, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, The Altan, Bleakfoot, Treir, Tepertopia, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Belschaft, PenguinPies, Seythennia, Levistian, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Farengeto, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Yeses, LadyRebels, and Ipugao.