The Brotherhood of Comia Noracon
“Brotherhood, Unity, Peace”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: the West Pacific
Regional Influence: Squire
The Brotherhood of Comia Noracon is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Overseer Amulius Flavus with an iron fist, and renowned for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cynical population of 6.635 billion Comia Noraconians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Temple Prime. The average income tax rate is 64.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Comia Noraconian economy, worth a remarkable 1,666 trillion Drachimas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 251,159 Drachimas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Overseer Amulius Flavus's opponents have adopted dogs to chase away the mailman, thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks, the tools of the trade for landmine clearance appear to be copious amounts of gasoline and a box of matches, and torture is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Comia Noracon's national animal is the Emperor Scorpion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, the tools of the trade for landmine clearance appear to be copious amounts of gasoline and a box of matches.
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks.
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, Overseer Amulius Flavus's opponents have adopted dogs to chase away the mailman.
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, Comia Noraconian novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Overseer Amulius Flavus.
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Comia Noracon as a reminder of their "special relationship".
- : Comia Noracon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, not showing enough enthusiasm for mutual assured destruction is a court-martial offence.
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months.
- : Following new legislation in Comia Noracon, the countryside is shrouded by wind farms.
Endorsements Received: 91 » Wickedly evil people, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Shaktirajya, Oronia, Mathematania, Liberillia, Kisovec, Greg Tucker, Acropylae, Lynier, Fallgriffin, Divina Patriae, Winter Aura, Fujai, Gryphonian Alliance, Papercuts and Skittles, The Undivided, Westwind, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Ferroia, Great Sheriffdom, Atheist States of Philippines, Tropical Isles, Constantinopolisia, Pandaland II, Mirchusko, Probablynotverygoodistan, Akshireuya, The divisive isolationists, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Holmani, Marshalia, Kiensu, Nieubasria, Einherfell, Leukogeras, IndyCar Racing, Arvladma, Vlobbania, New Belia, Mediobogdum, Nas Crustium, Anuubis, Archonina, Zoran, Willow Gate, Volkason, Fallen Iron Duke, and 41 others.Grand Republic of the Sun, Giovanniland, Dilber, Gracelantia, Samueliebox, Hamburg Neo, Orson Welles, BIteland, Aldesport, Greynne, Yaspica, Forcaforta, Professor thomas, Bhang Bhang Duc, Isle Royale, Rowdy, Zuriath, Ostrogothaland, Mackieron, San Mazer, The First Earth Empire, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Eleftherios venizelos, Schlesien-Galizien, Lodiberdade, Schantan, Weratt, North South Westoria, Larxia, Meone, Dictator s, The Anti-Social Socialists, KenyaAA, The Tynister, Lothundy, Av Libertas Vindex, Rondria, Rajtech, Miraxandredoliaaxizogstan, and DiscGolfLand.