The Federation of Claxistan
“With Strife comes Greatness”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federation of Claxistan is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its avant-garde cinema, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 348 million Claxistanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Claxistan City and Desra. The average income tax rate is 76.8%.
The sizeable but inefficient Claxistanian economy, worth 15.5 trillion Roubles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 44,577 Roubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
The tomato-covered corpses that decorate the nation's cities are a favourite amongst morbid tourists, shaking a stone out of your shoe is considered to be dangerously risqué, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps, and weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Claxistan's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Claxistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Claxistan, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.
- : Following new legislation in Claxistan, airport announcements inform passengers that flights have been delayed because pilots are having afternoon naps.
- : Following new legislation in Claxistan, shaking a stone out of your shoe is considered to be dangerously risqué.
- : Claxistan was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Claxistan was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Claxistan, the tomato-covered corpses that decorate the nation's cities are a favourite amongst morbid tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Claxistan, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes.
- : Following new legislation in Claxistan, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Claxistan was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Marinho Islands, Holota, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, Amerion, Shuckle Empire, Aidenfieeld, Nowa Europa, The Altan, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Treir, Tepertopia, Wehraboos, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Belschaft, PenguinPies, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Erinor, Farengeto, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Volaworand, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, Holy Free, NIGHTRAY, Libedistan, West Bridgeport, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Jehenna, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, LadyRebels, and Ipugao.