The Federal Republic of Clarkstan
“Together we are stronger,divided we are weak.”
|Category: Tyranny by Majority|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Federal Republic of Clarkstan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Luka Gavric with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, parental licensing program, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 13.907 billion Clarkstanians enjoy great social freedoms and frequent elections, where the majority of the populace regularly votes to increase its benefits at the expense of various hapless minorities.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Layton. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Clarkstanian economy, worth a remarkable 6,325 trillion Clarkstan marks a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 454,830 Clarkstan marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government's policy is 'all pain, no grain', voting is voluntary, homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel, and the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Clarkstanian democracy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Clarkstan's national animal is the Lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Clarkstan, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Clarkstanian democracy.
- : Following new legislation in Clarkstan, homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel.
- : Clarkstan was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Tyranny by Majority".
- : Following new legislation in Clarkstan, voting is voluntary.
- : Clarkstan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Following new legislation in Clarkstan, the government's policy is 'all pain, no grain'.
- : Following new legislation in Clarkstan, the government is constantly producing new maps to accommodate the continual renaming of cities.
- : Following new legislation in Clarkstan, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- : Clarkstan was reclassified from "Tyranny by Majority" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Clarkstan, the government has embraced apartheid.