The Republic of Chungasland
“Do whatever you want”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Republic of Chungasland is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 795 million Chungans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 8.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Chungaslandian economy, worth 71.2 trillion Chumarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is 89,620 Chumarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment, immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs, the price of freedom is about half a million Chumarks, and the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels. Crime is relatively low. Chungasland's national animal is the Big Chungus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chungasland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Chungasland, the richest citizens live in sheltered private citadels.
- : Chungasland was endorsed by The Insane Zombie Nudist Colony of LadyRebels.
- : Chungasland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and Largest Trout Fishing Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Chungasland, the price of freedom is about half a million Chumarks.
- : Following new legislation in Chungasland, immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs.
- : Following new legislation in Chungasland, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment.
- : Following new legislation in Chungasland, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Chungasland, former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders.
- : Chungasland was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Qvait, PenguinPies, Amerion, Purple Hyacinth, Marinho Islands, New Briantown, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, WI SD EA D, Bawkie, Phanama, Bleakfoot, Merevane, Beepee, Bartonia Nova, Eskvenn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tepertopia, Aumeltopia, Wehraboos, Andinla, Ebonhand, Erinor, Euro Pacifica, Samofia, Volaworand, Zataras, Farengeto, Treir, Holota, Kandorith, Synarion, Belschaft, Rebel-topia, Wallechi, Auphelia, Wakandan Tribes, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, Ipugao, and 8 others.Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Nowa Europa, The United Australian States, and LadyRebels.